Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
Handguns
 Handloads.Com Forum : Handguns
Subject Topic: More HST ordered Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Desert Eagle41

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 11 2017 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Got more HST in 10mm and 9mm coming from American Reloading. You just can't beat the price of these pull downs. Also ordered some 9mm 115g hollow base full metal jacket from them too. This should keep me off the streets for a while.He He. Craig

Edited by Desert Eagle41 on May 11 2017 at 1:14pm

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 12 2017 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Got the 9mm 115g hollow base FMJ and 10mm 165g, 180g HST order in today and spent a couple hours weighting the 180 and 165 to separate them from each other. The 9mm are nice but not to much of a hollow base as I think it would make them to light. Nice bullet though anyway. That's it for now.   Craig

The_Shadow

Posted: May 13 2017 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote The_Shadow

Hey Craig, I think, I bought the last batch of those
Barnes 140 gr 100% copper with the black coating TAC-
XP's they had at AR. One of them has a damaged nose but
the rest were good to go...

LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Menber
BASS Life Menber
Back to Top View The_Shadow's Profile Search for other posts by The_Shadow

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 13 2017 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Yeah I like American Reloading more and more. Great prices I feel. The hydra shok and HST I don't see in any of the local stores, just XTP and the like. Oh well.   Craig

REM1875

Posted: May 13 2017 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote REM1875

specials role around - and they will- swiftly.
Pretty good deals. 25% off makes a good deal- a great
deal.
I hope under President Trump they will no longer demill
ammo and start trusting us to buy the ammo we bought
them- back to us.
The Feds sure do buy themselves nice ammo for 'target
practice' and it gets stale and rotated pretty damned
quick.......

Edited by REM1875 on May 13 2017 at 4:01pm

"If it killed em a 150 years ago, it kill em today" (answer to a comment about black powder weapons)
Back to Top View REM1875's Profile Search for other posts by REM1875

The_Shadow

Posted: May 14 2017 at 6:46am | IP Logged Quote The_Shadow

I usually use Rocky Mountain Reloading for the pulled bullets and they are also
producing their own bullets in several calibers. In addition American Reloading I
also keep watch on Northeast Reloaders.

Yes I also watch for specials and discounts...

Rocky Mountain Reloading

Northeast Reloading

LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Menber
BASS Life Menber
Back to Top View The_Shadow's Profile Search for other posts by The_Shadow

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 14 2017 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

I used to use RMR back 15 years or so but when the first crunch came they switch from JHP type bullets to Berry's plated so I went elsewhere. Nothing wrong with Berry's but at the time I was buying direct from Barry's and wanted JHP. Montana Gold was where I ended up and have liked there product for new ever since. American Reloading just got my attention with the hydra shok first as I hadn't seen them in years and the HST I had never seen. I think I have enough stock in bullets to last me years but to many is just right I feel.Oh yeah I almost tryed the Barnes 140g but didn't so I let you Mr. Shadow have them He He.See you gotta go shoot. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 14 2017 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

OK back from the range and here is the report. Both 22's shot with out issue excepy for the American Eagle witch is too light for my guns. Tried some CCI rated at 1300 fps and no problems. Moving on to 9mm ran the 115g HBFMJ and they were very good but it seemed more powerful than the same load in JHP?? I need to work the rounds a little more to get a true picture but were fine and accurate.The kimber is getting better with every outing or the shooter is getting better, one or the other I guess. Good day all around. Craig

REM1875

Posted: May 16 2017 at 4:55am | IP Logged Quote REM1875

Thank You Craig and Shadow for the links and feeds.
I have ordered some and am happy with what I got.
I have bookmarked the rest.
The 40/10mm is what I wanted, sorry about the
competition. LoL

Edited by REM1875 on May 16 2017 at 4:56am

"If it killed em a 150 years ago, it kill em today" (answer to a comment about black powder weapons)
Back to Top View REM1875's Profile Search for other posts by REM1875

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 17 2017 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

OK just got in the 9mm 125g HST I ordered last and loaded them to start at 5.8 Power Pistol as it is the same load I am using on the hydra shok. Will go from there but I do want them for the Taurus slim and being as light as it is I want something on the lighter shooting side. Will let you know how it goes. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 18 2017 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Shot the 125's HST at 5.8 Power Pistol and they were perfect in both the Taurus and Springfield. I am really having problems with the 147g HST as they have a tendency to bulge the case and not feed to the point of jamming. I am going to reload some asap to see what I could be doing wrong. Any body got a clue???? Oh yeah I did run them thru the taper crimp die again and it was better but still had some jamming issues.These jammed before thus the re crimp to improve.I will say they performed better in the Taurus than the Springfield but that is just the Springfield being tighter than the Taurus The 125's were just what I wanted no issues at all. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 18 2017 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Well I just found 50 more of the 147g HST that look fine with no bulges so maby I just screwed up the first 50 or so. I will shoot these and get back to you all.

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 18 2017 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Well crap they are the hydra shok that I just found not the HST that I am having trouble with. I will load some new HST up and get back to you. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 19 2017 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

OK just loaded 3 with case expanded a little bit and seating the bullet a little further out and they SEEM better but I need to do more and shoot. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 20 2017 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Back from the range and tested 15 or so rounds of the 147g and all went great. I had one round jam but it was one I didn't fix. I think the loading further out was the ticket. Very smooth loading in the Springfield and function and feeding was superb. All fixed. Boy I just love it when a fix comes together. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: June 18 2017 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Yet another range report!! It's been about two weeks since my last update so I shot today grabbing all the worst rounds to shoot to get rid of them. First the 22s were perfect then I moved on to the STI International and it jammed as before with the rounds of 124g early loadings and the same with 147, Switched guns to the Taurus slim and it ran everything in it I loaded. The STI is just very picky about what you feed it is all. I will load some improved rounds and label them for that gun. At leased I am rid of the bad rounds!!! Craig

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version