Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
Politics
 Handloads.Com Forum : Politics
Subject Topic: Any thoughts on the G.O.P. "retreat" trai Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kosh75287

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote Kosh75287

Does anyone besides me think it odd that a trash truck picked that particular train in front of which to park and be demolished, for whatever reason? It's my understanding that the track was specifically cleared for the train's route to W.Va, so one might HOPE that some attention was paid to the automobile thoroughfares running along and across it.

Miraculously, the passengers sustained mostly minor injuries, and it doesn't appear that any of the legislators will be kept from their duties as a result. It could have been far, FAR worse, however, had the truck been filled with something else, like ammonium nitrate and diesel, radioactive medical waste, ricin, or any number of other "not friendly to human life" substances.

Rendering only a few key G.O.P. legislators unable to fulfill their duties could critically delay if not absolutely destroy the G.O.P. legislative agenda. Disabling more than a few would seem to all but guarantee a Democratic "run of the table" in both houses.

I don't, for a moment, think that such a plan was "hatched at the highest levels of the Democratic political machine", because not even THEY are THAT stupid (notice that I did NOT say they weren't that malevolent). But a "lone-wolf" with some technical knowledge and a "nothing left to lose" mentality, much like was seen on the baseball fields where U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA.) was almost murdered could do damage of a cataclysmic nature. The quick thinking of armed police and security prevented a greater disaster that day, but I don't know how ANYTHING coulda prevented the train collision, once the act was set into play.

The baseball field atrocity, the Rand Paul attack, and now this... Is anyone else wondering about the commonalities and temporal relationships here?
Back to Top View Kosh75287's Profile Search for other posts by Kosh75287

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version