Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
Handguns
 Handloads.Com Forum : Handguns
Subject Topic: Inceptor update Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Desert Eagle41

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 24 2018 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Well I got info from Alliant today and they said they have no data for the 65g bullets from Incepter. So I guess I am on my own on this one. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: May 25 2018 at 7:17am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

Again I do not think you are into a serious over pressure situation. I think you might want to try a different chronograph..j
Back to Top View John Van Gelder's Profile Search for other posts by John Van Gelder

Desert Eagle41

Posted: May 25 2018 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

We are going to retest with the chrony but I am not sure when.

John Van Gelder

Posted: May 25 2018 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

This is interesting stuff..thanks for the update..j
Back to Top View John Van Gelder's Profile Search for other posts by John Van Gelder

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 19 2018 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Ok did more testing with the chrony and here is the poop.I first shot the 5.5g Universal and got about the same readings around 1600 or close. the power Pistol rounds 7.5 came in at 1317 and 1718 and is was way down from the 2503 it shot the first time out. I also tested a HST 124g round that was 1194 down from 2089 the last time I shot it. Sooo I was not correct in my first go arouind with the crony as we all thought and I am feeling much better about my pp load at 7.5g. sorry it took so long for me to test again but the chrony owner is fighting cancer and isn't always available.
see ya
craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 20 2018 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

Thanks for the update. I was pretty sure that the 2000
fps + loads we're off.

I just bought a light weight mold for the 9mm, will
chronograph some upper and loads for that.

My manual lists some 1400+ loads for a 95 grn., Bullet

Just an exersize.

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 29 2018 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Boy this is the milk jug update!! I have never done this before so I will just report what happened. Lined up two milk jugs and shot it with the 7.5g power Pistol Incepter bullet 65g and both jugs had serious damage and the first jug split in four places and the bullet went through the second jug and was not seen again. I had a third jug I set up and hit with a JHP HST 124g round and it did serious damage to the jug more so than the Incepter did. I guess it was fun. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 29 2018 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

I like to fill old soda cans with water and shoot them with different loads, kind of fun.

Diameter is not as important as velocity in that exercise.

Desert Eagle41

Posted: August 23 2018 at 4:16am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

As in my other post I shot some of these in my new p320 Sig and they shot ok but didn't load the next round. I may send the intercepter folks another e-mail to see what they have to say. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: August 23 2018 at 5:38am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

Maybe not enough recoil impulse, I bet those P320s are sprung pretty hard. Mil spec 9mm ammo is +p on the civilian standard.   

I cast up a hand full of my 95 grn bullets out of hard alloy, was going to load them up to the upper values. My manual has a load listed at 1400+ fps. The bullet I have has a very flat nose and a bigger meplat than my 125. Should make for some interesting water jug tests..!

Desert Eagle41

Posted: August 23 2018 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Hey John I loaded some very light bullets and the Sig had no problem with those. The bullets were 115g vs the incepter 65g. I think these bullets are just to light. Craig

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version