Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
Handguns
 Handloads.Com Forum : Handguns
Subject Topic: Sig Sour p320 9mm Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Desert Eagle41

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:08am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Just won this 9mm at the friends of the NRA banquet the other night. Shot it yesterday and it is sweet. I got with it a Sig Romeo sight which which works better than I expected. I did have a squib load that lodged a bullet in
the barrel but I got it out at home no problem. This gun handles as good or better than any of my nines and with the site and it was nice shooting. Craig

Old Ranger

Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote Old Ranger

Ain't nuthin' like a free gun Craig! Cool!!
And in a caliber you like too. Even better huh?
Happy for ya buddy!

The Old Ranger
Back to Top View Old Ranger's Profile Search for other posts by Old Ranger

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 23 2018 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Yeah winning sure beats sitting and getting nothing but the good feeling of helping local shooting sports for the younger shooters of the area. Won a Remington 1911a1a a few years ago at the same function. Very cool. Don't shoot the Remington much as it's so nice but I will shoot the Sig. Craig

P.S. I also won a nice knife and an NRA snake pen holder that is kind of cute also.

Old Ranger

Posted: July 24 2018 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote Old Ranger

Well Craig, you're just winning all sorts of stuff!
That's cool. Makes me almost jealous. Only things I ever
won were fist fights, boxing matches, and gunfights. And
some of them I walked away with nearly as much damage as
the other guys. Think I'd rather win a pistol any
day than gettin' clobbered!

Again, I'm genuinely happy for ya. Enjoy the Sig.

The Old Ranger
Back to Top View Old Ranger's Profile Search for other posts by Old Ranger

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 24 2018 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

That is the same model that is now standard issue for the Army. A very easy gun to work on and maintain, when it's time for a thorough cleaning, just take the chassis out and go to it.

Sigs are a top of the line gun, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Back to Top View John Van Gelder's Profile Search for other posts by John Van Gelder

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 25 2018 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Ok back from the range where I had to mow or stand on a chair to see the target.Alyway the sig shot great and I will say it is a bit different but not in a bad way at all. The grip seems bigger but that works good for me There seems to be less recoil and the trigger is very good, as good as any I have I think.
At the end I shot 10 rounds with the iron sites and it was as good as the Sig Romeo nice backup as the site is slow to recover from shots.
fun day all in all. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 26 2018 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Think I'll try 124g and 147g to see how they shoot in this gun. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 26 2018 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

Some of the "NATO" spec Winchester 124 grain ammunition might work well in that gun.

I think you did very well winning that fire arm. It is probably one of the easiest guns to work on, there are lots of after market accessories, and if you would like a different frame size, they are available, and only take a few seconds to change out.

You can also change calibers, 9mm, .357 Sig., .40S&W, .45ACP. I would not be surprised if 10mm, wasn't offered at some point.

All in a striker fired gun with a nice trigger right out of the box.

Just as a note..: I do not have any stock in Sig..:)

The folks at Glock protested the Army's decision to purchase the Sig's. They just need to get over it, the Sig was a much better choice.
Back to Top View John Van Gelder's Profile Search for other posts by John Van Gelder

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 26 2018 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

I do like it John. I kind of like no safety although I am not sure why. Shot it today in 124g and 147g and it shot perfect and I finished up with 115g and they were also no problem. I do need to settle down a bit when shooting as I am shaking a bit at squeeze. It's just me though but I feel if I load 17 rounds I might shoot better. Boy this Romeo site lets you see the shake no problem except you are shaking. I will work on that. Love the Sig more and more. Not a EDC gun but a very shoot-able gun. Craig

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 26 2018 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

I find this interesting, I weighed the Sig and it was right at 3.5 lbs and then weighted the S&W M&P 9 and it weighted less by 1/8 lb. You can tell just lifting both guns the Sig is a tad heavier. I would have thought the opposite would be as I thought but no. The Sig is different to shoot but very nice. and I will shoot it more. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 26 2018 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

The problem with optical sights, is that they show you just how much you are wobbling around.

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 26 2018 at 1:47pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

I will dry fire at home to see if I can get more steady. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 26 2018 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Craig

I usually try to lean up against something, it help with the wobble.. :)

Desert Eagle41

Posted: July 28 2018 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

John I have shot leaning against something and it really helps but always try to shot two handed as I think I am always training for defensive shooting. Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: July 29 2018 at 5:49am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

Since I live in the forest, I have lots of things to lean against..

Desert Eagle41

Posted: August 06 2018 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Ok you know your getting lucky when.... You go on the net to Sig's web site and find out there is a "Voluntary recall" on your new p230. It has to do with an improved trigger and a few other minor things that they will fix if you send them the gun. But you go to the site and put in the serial number and it tells you it's all ready been done. That's the lucky part!!!! Craig

John Van Gelder

Posted: August 06 2018 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

There were some issues with the triggers on the first run of that model, but Sig fixed it and changed the subsequent production guns.

Desert Eagle41

Posted: August 06 2018 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote Desert Eagle41

Yeah I read the details and it was vague. I wasn't sure I was going to sent it in anyway as it shoots so good as it is but it has had the changes so not to worry. I feel the web site was not updated from a while ago may be. Craig

ArchAngelCD

Posted: August 06 2018 at 11:47pm | IP Logged Quote ArchAngelCD

I bought a P320 Compact a while back and I also really
like this pistol. This is coming from a revolver guy too
lol. I like shooting 124/125gr bullets in a 9mm.
Back to Top View ArchAngelCD's Profile Search for other posts by ArchAngelCD

John Van Gelder

Posted: August 07 2018 at 5:29am | IP Logged Quote John Van Gelder

I think the Army made the right choice with that gun, everything is interchangeable, one pin and the chassis comes right out, for a thorough cleaning.

An interesting point, the Remington R9, uses the same system and the chassis is quite similar. My Ruger American has a chassis system, but it is considerably more robust than either the Sig or the Remington.

I had hoped that Ruger would offer caliber kits, barrel options, etc., like Sig, but so far those options have not been forthcoming.

I have really enjoyed loading for the 9mm, I tend to be a bit frugal, so less powder and lead is appealing.

There are lots of bullet options for the 9, but I think it really "shines", with bullets of 120-130 grain.

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version