Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
General Discussion
 Handloads.Com Forum : General Discussion
Subject Topic: Question for EVERYONE - New Member Intro Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Steelhead

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 25 2003 at 3:26am | IP Logged Quote Steelhead

I am heading out for my Christmas morning deer hunt, and was wondering about others on here. What do you guys do for a living, age and how long have you been reloading? 

Me first. I have been active duty military for the past 20 years, I am 38 years old and have been reloading for 24 years. 

Have a Happy Holidays,

Scott

Back to Top View Steelhead's Profile Search for other posts by Steelhead

joed

Posted: December 25 2003 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote joed

OK.   I'm a computer Analyst, been doing it for 26 years.   In addition I'm also a Licensed boat captain.    I'm 55 and have been reloading for 26 years.

Joed

Back to Top View joed's Profile Search for other posts by joed

ichy_trigger

Posted: December 25 2003 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote ichy_trigger

Im a project manager, im 34 years old and have been reloading for 10 years.

Merry Christmas,

Todd

Back to Top View ichy_trigger's Profile Search for other posts by ichy_trigger

Boomer

Posted: December 25 2003 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote Boomer

Merry Christmas Folks.

I'm 50 years old, ben reloading for 34 years.

After 21 years in Radio/Satellite Communications in the USAF, I'm currently a telecommunications/networking field engineer for the University of MN. 

HogRider

Posted: December 25 2003 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote HogRider

Im 44. Computer tech. Have started reloading about 12 years ago for a couple of years and was heavily into competition shooting. Then sold everything and after a long break started reloading this summer again.

Edited by HogRider on December 27 2003 at 7:29pm
Back to Top View HogRider's Profile Search for other posts by HogRider

Paul5388

Posted: December 25 2003 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Paul5388

Merry Christmas to all!

I am 59, spent almost 4 years in the Navy as a Fire Control Technican, almost 3 years in the Army as an Armor Crewman (M60A1 & M577) and worked for Dow Chemical as a Senior Assistant Chemist (that's a fancy name for a Quality Control Lab Tech) in between the two.

I am currently on the farm, as I have been for the past 20 years.  I grow and process mostly small fruits and veggies to retail through The General Store.

I have 8 grand children!

I've been reloading for about 38 years.
Back to Top View Paul5388's Profile Search for other posts by Paul5388 Visit Paul5388's Homepage

BigBoreWizard

Posted: December 25 2003 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote BigBoreWizard

Well, Im 29. Just started a new family with my wife Sherry, and are wonderful son Robert Patrick. We live in a pretty small town here in Kansas, called Norton. I am a Power plant operater for the city. I have been reloading for a wopping 3 months. Im hooked on reloading and this forum. I enjoy coming here to kick up my feet and BS with the "Elders". OOOppps...I meen "Other fello shooters" Glad to be here, and surely im not the youngest here? I hope. Thanks for putting up with me guys. Take care  BBW.
Back to Top View BigBoreWizard's Profile Search for other posts by BigBoreWizard

Thunder Hunter

Posted: December 25 2003 at 9:55am | IP Logged Quote Thunder Hunter

Hi Scott: It looks like I'm the guy with the wiskers at 62. Born and raised on a farm. The hardest days work I ever did.  Retired tradesman; went early at 55.  Started handloading when I was in my 30's. Have all the time to hunt and fish, almost out my back door.

BigBlue

Posted: December 25 2003 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote BigBlue

My turn, I'm 28 years old and have been working as a Railroad Signalman for 28 years. Okay, I know  that don't add up, so I'm really 47. I live in Eastern PA. at the Southern end of the Pocono Mountains. I'm married and have two kids, a boy 13 and a girl 9. I'm an active Scoutmaster at our local Boy Scout Troop. I enjoy camping, hiking, canoeing, shooting, and hunting. I've been reloading off and on since the late 70's. I'm not much on the Johnny come lately calibers, stick with the more traditional. I probably have owned about a hundred different guns over the years, sell or trade, just to have something different to play with. I've reloaded for the .38 spec., .357, .45ACP, .45 Colt, 30/30, .308, .223, 7mm-08, 45/70, and my latest favorite the .44 mag. My favorite gun, is my Marlin 1894P. I really enjoy this forum and hope to have made some contributions to it. I have to say that I have had a great time discussing shooting issues with you guys. Thanks.

Don

Edited by BigBlue on August 01 2004 at 12:58pm
Back to Top View BigBlue's Profile Search for other posts by BigBlue

bentbarrel

Posted: December 25 2003 at 11:58am | IP Logged Quote bentbarrel

i am a zanjero (waterboss) for an irrigation district in the Sonoran desert of Arizona. amateur radio operator extra class AB7HN. born the day before pearl harbor day 8 years after the fact, dec.6,1949 , i was tellin people i was 55 for some reason the other day, then my wise and darling wife for some reason pulled me aside and reminded me i was 54. DUH!  hehe, dunno why i did that. age thing i guess. reloading off and on since 1977, .41 mag fan since then. can apreciate other large bores also. .45 acp is another favorite. went nuts buying mil-surp rifles in 8mm. and you otta see wot these calibers can do to rabbits and groundsquirrels! i probably shoot/hunt more worthless animals cuz they are so readily available here. carry a gun of somekind from BB guns to large rifle/pistol while at work daily. oh and i do some work while im at work.

Rod WMG

Posted: December 25 2003 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote Rod WMG

Howdy,

I'm 61; been retired/disabled since 1994.  I was a high school history teacher and then moved on to oil and gas production.

I'm a native Texan (Resistol over red heart!) who started hunting jack rabbits and such when I was seven and fell in love with guns and shooting.  Got into handloading in the mid-1970's and haven't stopped yet.

To paraphrase Will Rogers, I never met a gun I didn't like.  I just like some a lot better than others!   And I'm sure glad Thunder Hunter's around so I'm still a youngster (I ain't got no whiskers).

Back to Top View Rod WMG's Profile Search for other posts by Rod WMG

J Miller

Posted: December 25 2003 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote J Miller

Was a light delivery driver for most of my employment carrier. Till moved here to IL. Fell down the stairs in the last house we live in. Messed myself up. Walking wounded I guess. Been reloading for over 30 years now. My favorites are common and old. .45 Colt and 30-30.
A friend of my once told me he'd faint if I ever showed up with a gun chambered for a modern round. I finally bought a bolt gun in 7.62 NATO. That's about as modern as I get.
Lets see, I'll be 52 next birthday if I live that long.

bentbarrel, I'm trying to wrangle moving back to AZ, got any openings?

Joe

bentbarrel

Posted: December 25 2003 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote bentbarrel

if we ever get rain enough to fill San Carlos lake, we gonna have to hire or rehire what was layed off, goodness, since we ran outa water here the farmers is goin broke, and i moved over to maintenance operatin a backhoe and bulldozer,they wont trust me with the road grader yet, it just aint me hahaha. if i ever had to get a real job, i would die!  hehehe

callouses anyone?

BigBlue

Posted: December 25 2003 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote BigBlue

Bentbarrel,

It's like the old Soviet saying, they pretend to pay me, and I pretend to work.

Don

Back to Top View BigBlue's Profile Search for other posts by BigBlue

lcicco

Posted: December 25 2003 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote lcicco

I'm 69 and been relaoding since 1956. Retired Telephone Construction Supervisor. Live in Cody, Wy. and still hunt as much as I can.
Lou
Back to Top View lcicco's Profile Search for other posts by lcicco

westexcruzer

Posted: December 25 2003 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote westexcruzer

I'm a machinist; 35 yrs. old and have been reloading off and on for 18-19 years. Jake
Back to Top View westexcruzer's Profile Search for other posts by westexcruzer Visit westexcruzer's Homepage

JohnK
Admin Group

Posted: December 25 2003 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote JohnK

I do this full time, oh for a living... I'm a software test engineer, have been for about 6 years now, before that I did Internet tech support for what was at the time one of the largest ISP's in the country.

I'm 35 and have been handloading for either 13 years this Christmas, my first loader was a Christmas present.

WAGNER95696

Posted: December 26 2003 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote WAGNER95696

I am a retired [disability]  61 year old library administrator. I have been reloading since 1960 [43 years].

Edited by WAGNER95696 on December 27 2003 at 1:09pm
Back to Top View WAGNER95696's Profile Search for other posts by WAGNER95696

445supermag

Posted: December 26 2003 at 3:07am | IP Logged Quote 445supermag

i,am 55  xrailroad equipment operator (not trains) track and road equip. Mostley singley shot rifles. Rolling block,s  and older single shots. Big boar handguns.experience with8" and 175mm cannons. The best boom for thr buck. Loading about 25 years.
Back to Top View 445supermag's Profile Search for other posts by 445supermag

Steelhead

Posted: December 26 2003 at 3:26am | IP Logged Quote Steelhead

This has been interesting. Looks like we have a good mixture of age and experience. This is a wonderful site.

Back to Top View Steelhead's Profile Search for other posts by Steelhead

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

Page of 73 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version