Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc
General Discussion
 Handloads.Com Forum : General Discussion
Subject Topic: Question for EVERYONE - New Member Intro Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Thunder Hunter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 26 2003 at 3:30am | IP Logged Quote Thunder Hunter

Westexcruzer: Nice to see another machinist in the group. Are you able to due `Government Jobs' (side jobs for yourself) in the Shop? I have a 12in Southbend, 30in Vertical Mill, Benders and Hydrualic 50 ton Press in my garage. No room for the Jeep in there. Make muzzle brakes for my bud's, plus due a lot of pump rebuilds, (shafts and sleeves).

445supermag

Posted: December 26 2003 at 3:36am | IP Logged Quote 445supermag

You guy,s must be on the east coast to be up early theis morn?
Back to Top View 445supermag's Profile Search for other posts by 445supermag

Thunder Hunter

Posted: December 26 2003 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Thunder Hunter

445supermag ya from the NORTH East, but Petander is the most Easterly Member that I know of.

Thunder Hunter

Posted: December 26 2003 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote Thunder Hunter

For PETANDERS BACKGROUND, go to Site SUPPORT on this World Famous Guitar Player. There must have been a problem in him posting.

Edited by Thunder Hunter on December 26 2003 at 6:38am

bentbarrel

Posted: December 26 2003 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote bentbarrel

445Supermag reloadin 8" or 175 guns, geez,now those would poke some large holes in paper at any range hehe. i guess the first real re-loadin i did was for a 105 towed split trail, cuttin charges just helpin out. 

C Btry, 6/15th Arty, 23rd Arty Gp. IIFF Deadly!

Allons!

http://www.landscaper.net/vietnam.htm#6th%20Battalion%20/%20 15th%20FA

mlspmk

Posted: December 26 2003 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote mlspmk

Hi,

I'm 47 and live in NY.  I am a Reactor Decommissioning Project Manager.  Have always worked in nuclear power one way or the other - started by building them, now I tear them down - very sad.

I was a reloader for a bout 3 years in the early 80's until I got married and then family and everything else got in the way.  My second oldest son wanted to shoot some and we picked it up together - for about 4 months now.

Side activities include being an Assisstant Scoutmaster and proud dad of an Eagle Scout.  We are now also doing Venture Crew.  Will be getting trained soon as an NRA instructor to get the boys more involved.  Also do greyhound rescue volunteer work (see the avatar)

Favorite rifle - it's close, but my AK-47 wins out ( http://www.handloads.com/gallery/image.asp?Cat=Rifles&us erid=&ID=482).  Favorite pistol, sorry not reloadable, but it's my Ruger Government 22.

Now shooting .30-06, .38 special, .357, .45ACP

Want: .223 or .22-250 rifle, .44 mag pistol, .45 Springfield Gov model (this list is forever changing)

Back to Top View mlspmk's Profile Search for other posts by mlspmk

445supermag

Posted: December 26 2003 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote 445supermag

BENTBARREL  Thanks foe the web site, found one guy in c-bat/6th321FF. I was in b/bat/6th32 in nin hoa about 30 mi north of na trang.
Back to Top View 445supermag's Profile Search for other posts by 445supermag

Aaron

Posted: December 26 2003 at 10:35am | IP Logged Quote Aaron

I am the director of the security department and the shipping department for a 1.3 million square feet in two large buildings. I have been reloading for 12-14 years but only for shotgun slugs and 45/70. Only in the last two years have I started reloading .38, .357, .44 mag and 45 long colt. I am 52 years old.
Back to Top View Aaron's Profile Search for other posts by Aaron

bchannell
Newcomer

Posted: December 26 2003 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote bchannell

Just registered today and have been lurking this forum for a while. I frequent a lot of forums and like to read everything I can about hunting, reloading, shooting, and gunsmithing.

I'm 46 and a research assistant for GE Plastics with 21 years experience.

I've been reloading and working on guns since I was 16 years old. My father passed away when I was 14, and I turned his electronics shop in the garage into my reloading shop. So, it was a way of being where he spent a lot of time, and there's a lot of history in it for me. We hunted together before he passed away, and I still carry it on.

I love to work on guns, and owned a gunshop for a while in the '80s. Met a lot of great people and had a great time. It began to take so much time, that I decided if I was going to enjoy this sport, I would have to stop working so hard at it. Recently worked on a 2 of 10 Winchester commerative that had to be taken apart for the city to display in the city building. It had to be disabled for display and the gold and engraving couldn't be damaged, so it was an honor to be respected enough to be asked to do the work, even though it was a no brainer of a job.

I was lucky to have a brother and uncle who loved to shoot and work on guns. They taught me a lot, and I taught myself a lot. I must be ok at it as I get far more requests for work than I care to accept.

My stepson and I deer hunt together and have a great time. I just hunted 3 days this year, as I filled my tag each day. Two bucks and a doe. My stepson calls me "white feather" after Carlos Hathcock, because when we go hunting and he hears me shoot he knows there's deer on the ground. When you think how much time I spend on load developement and practicing, and I try to know yardages around my treestand, it's not that big of an accomplishment. I try to do my homework.

I always feel like I'm bragging, but I haven't done anything special. I was lucky my dad and relatives exposed me to hunting when I was young, back before it was looked down upon by the right.

Edited by bchannell on December 26 2003 at 11:09am
Back to Top View bchannell's Profile Search for other posts by bchannell

Number77

Posted: December 26 2003 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote Number77

I'm 48, and have been a duck and pheasant hunter since I was about 12.  I started deer hunting when I was about 30, and turkey hunting when I was about 44.  As most hunting in Illinois is shotgun only, I didn't even own a rifle until I bought a Ruger #1 in .338 WM because I want to go elk hunting someday and it was a downpayment on that dream.  I now use it to hunt for whitetails in Wisconsin.

My uncle gave me a Model 94 .30-30 Winchester about two years ago, and since then have acquired a few more in other calibers.

I started reloading just this year.  I always wanted to reload, and finally saved up enough to buy myself a beginning set-up.  I also hunt with a handgun in Illinois and reload for my Ruger single actions revolvers in .44 Mag, .45 Colt, and .357/.38.  I also reload for my .338 Win Mag.  And my lever-action collection now includes a .444 Marlin and .45-70 in addition to the .30-30.  I am reloading for all of my revolvers and rifles now.  This forum has been a great help in getting me started.

Edited by Number77 on December 26 2003 at 11:22am
Back to Top View Number77's Profile Search for other posts by Number77

Paul5388

Posted: December 26 2003 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote Paul5388

Well, fellas, Carnivore must be having a great time collecting all this information!   But, who cares?  I sold all my guns yesterday! 

I guess that means I'll have to refer to everything in the past tense?

Edited by Paul5388 on December 26 2003 at 12:10pm
Back to Top View Paul5388's Profile Search for other posts by Paul5388 Visit Paul5388's Homepage

dcrzfitter
Newcomer

Posted: December 26 2003 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote dcrzfitter

I am brand new to this board. just registered! I am 26 and live in Washington State. I am an aprrentice pipe fitter. almost done with my 5 year apprentice ship, yippyyyy! I spend most of my time fishing salmon and steelhead and doing some hunting (mostly archery). I had a custom Rrifle biult this summer.It's a wild cat (.30-338) so I had to learn to reload. killed 2 nice bucks with it in Idaho this year. I just got my first handgun a Rugger SuperBlackHawk with a 10" barrel .44 Mag.  is used but nice shape. I plan on useing it for hunting as well as a side arm when bear hunting with the riffle. In searching for info on loadiing for the .44 is how I found this place.

looking forward to getting to know everyone

dc 

Back to Top View dcrzfitter's Profile Search for other posts by dcrzfitter

BigBoreWizard

Posted: December 26 2003 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote BigBoreWizard

FINALLY..someone younger than me.  Welcome aboard, and this is a great place. I am honored to be a part of this. I also have a SBH. Its got the 7.5" barrel. I have enjoyed reloading for it very much, and have learned most of it right here. Take your time, because there is lots to learn from very knowledgable folks here. Take care, BBW.
Back to Top View BigBoreWizard's Profile Search for other posts by BigBoreWizard

Number77

Posted: December 26 2003 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote Number77

Not to be contrary here, but my opinion is that it doesn't take "Carnivore" for someone in the right position in the government to know what firearms we've bought as individuals.  A friend of mine who once owned a gun shop was contacted by the BATF about 5 years after he was out of the business about a guy he had sold a gun to about 20 years previously.  When he told me this story I assumed the gun in question must have been used in the commission of a crime.  The only conclusion I can make from this is that since every gun I own was purchased at a gun shop, that the government already has the information necessary to take an inventory of my gun safe if it so desires. 

Back to Top View Number77's Profile Search for other posts by Number77

JohnK
Admin Group

Posted: December 26 2003 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote JohnK

dcrzfitter wrote:

I am brand new to this board. just registered! I am 26 and live in Washington State. I am an aprrentice pipe fitter. almost done with my 5 year apprentice ship, yippyyyy! I spend most of my time fishing salmon and steelhead and doing some hunting (mostly archery). I had a custom Rrifle biult this summer.It's a wild cat (.30-338) so I had to learn to reload. killed 2 nice bucks with it in Idaho this year. I just got my first handgun a Rugger SuperBlackHawk with a 10" barrel .44 Mag. is used but nice shape. I plan on useing it for hunting as well as a side arm when bear hunting with the riffle. In searching for info on loadiing for the .44 is how I found this place.

looking forward to getting to know everyone

dc

Hey, another local! What part of Wa? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to be to specific.

Loading for your new wildcat shouldn't be to much harder than any other caliber, other than a shortage of load data.

dcrzfitter
Newcomer

Posted: December 26 2003 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote dcrzfitter

John,

I 'm from just south of Olympia. Town called Tenino. I got the wild cat figured out. the dude that biult it gave me a load and it works great. gues I got lucky. I had to do a little more work when loading my Sako .308. but I got it shooting good and the girl friend got her first deer with it opening morning.

see ya round,

dc

Back to Top View dcrzfitter's Profile Search for other posts by dcrzfitter

JohnK
Admin Group

Posted: December 26 2003 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote JohnK

I know right where that is, I used to drive through that area every day for about a year back when I was a courier. Not to far from Randy Garrett (Garrett Cartridges) and his +P 44 Mag loads.

Edited by JohnK on December 26 2003 at 1:39pm

bentbarrel

Posted: December 26 2003 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote bentbarrel

i know where fort lewis is, ugh! reminds me of sore aching muscles and bayonet practice. rain and more rain, and some more rain hehe.

Steelhead

Posted: December 26 2003 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote Steelhead

Welcome aboard Bchannel.

Weclome aboard dcrzfitter, I noticed you said steelhead fishing. Well you can see the name I use, and it isn't because I am "hardheaded".

Back to Top View Steelhead's Profile Search for other posts by Steelhead

wolfdog

Posted: December 26 2003 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote wolfdog

hey all, I am active duty airforce...cook.  Been doing it for five years, I am 25 on the second of jan, so that makes me the young one huh?  I have been reloading for two years, I reload for the .357mag, and .280 remington.  I like blue collor guns that can perform like the new mags.  Lol, my .280 is almost as good as the 7mm short mags, and that's what puts a smile on my face.  My family and I (two year old daughter annabelle, and girlfriend Jessica) had a great xmas.  She got me a clay pigeon thrower  .  Hope u all had a great year too.
Back to Top View wolfdog's Profile Search for other posts by wolfdog

Home | Load data | Articles | Ballistic Calc | Energy Calc

<< Prev Page of 73 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version